Science and Alternative Medicine
Alternative medicine is increasing in prominence. More and more, people in Western societies reach beyond conventional medicine for their healthcare needs, especially as they come to know the self-healing powers of the body, and the benefits in life quality energy therapy offers. Recognition of energy therapy is also increasing among mainstream physicians, and such therapies (prominently Reiki) are being widely incorporated into clinical settings.
Recognition has come as research into the biomagnetic field improves. What science today holds certain about this subject has changed dramatically in the last several decades. Scientific research has now definitely established the existence of biomagnetic (energy) field around the human body, and our understanding about how this relates to health and disease is rapidly evolving.
Below is a brief summary illustrating the previous explanations I offered on the website from the perspective of physics and biology.
- It was long known that activities in cells and tissues generated electrical fields which could be detected on skin surface. This knowledge has been furthered by one of physics’ most basic laws— Ampere’s law, which states that every electrical current generates a corresponding magnetic field in the surrounding space. The law extends our understanding of the magnetic pulsations produced by all tissues and organs, and establishes the existence of a biomagnetic field each person has.
- The electrical and magnetic field produced by the heart alone is able to project 15 feet. It is documented that the biomagnetic field of a practitioner during Reiki treatment is at least 1000 times greater than normal.
- Our understanding of the biomagnetic field has improved tremendously thanks to the many ways available now to measure it – many of these notably as a result of research in quantum physics. Western science has long used energy-based technologies; next to traditional electrical recordings (for instance the electrocardiogram, in use since the 1920s), we now have biomagnetic recordings; magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was discovered in 1971 and is now widely used in various laboratories and clinics around the world, as are magnetocardiography and magnetoencephalography.
- It is well established that pulsing magnetic fields can start the healing of tissues and bones. In the 1970s the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approved the Pulsing Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) for the healing of bone fractures. Ultrasound technology is also commonly used to clear clogged arteries and disintegrate kidney stones.
- Also established through medical research is that that mapping a person’s magnetic field often provides a more accurate indication of physiology and pathology than traditional medical instruments. Moreover, not only could diseases be detected in the magnetic field before symptoms appear, but they could be prevented by altering the magnetic field.
- A little less known is that the pulses of the biomagnetic field of a practitioner during Reiki treatment is documented to be at the same frequencies as ‘brain waves’. This is the effect of magnetic pulses produced by the brain (through focus and alignment of practitioner) travelling throughout the body via the perineural system. As experienced by Reiki practitioners, and increasingly documented, these brain wave patterns pulse in unison with the earth’s magnetic field (or what practitioners call universal energy).
- Independent medical research has shown this range of frequencies projected into the magnetic field of a Reki practitioner will stimulate healing of the body. During Reiki treatment, the effect of ‘brain waves’ is mirrored by the person receiving the treatment, so that there is a linking and synchronization of energy fields and frequencies between practitioner and the one treated.
- Because Reiki does not impose a set of beliefs, it can be used and received by anyone regardless of background or faith, or lack thereof. This neutrality accounts for much of Reiki’s growing popularity.
For further information, here you can find several resources on which the above summary is based. The articles are a small part of an expanding research wealth we are accumulating. If you have any questions I could answer further, or you are curious to giving it a try, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Reiki for relaxation & physical well-being
- Reiki for alignment and inspiration
- Reiki for manifesting desires
- Reiki for pet health